- David Allen explains how South Yorkshire were forced to have a Mayor
- Labour candidate for South Yorkshire Mayor under investigation by Police for fraud.
- David Allen explains his vision for South Yorkshire.
- David Allen explains why the English Democrats is not a wasted vote.
- David Allen - explains why he promotes traditional English values
- England is the only nation which is having ‘British Values’ enforced on it.
- British Government enforces British values only on England.
- Robin Tilbrook explains the Remainiacs threat to law and order
- Robin explains the EU and Eire attempts to break up the UK.
- Robin Tilbrook to explain the problem with the British Conservative Unionist Party and Democratic Unionists Party deal.
The value of English subsidies to Wales
On Monday, 12th December, I was invited by the Law Society of England and Wales to a reception in the House of Lords to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the beginning of the Prime Ministerial Office of a famous solicitor – David Lloyd George (cue lots of jokes about whose father or grandfather “knew” Lloyd George!)
It did however give me an opportunity to talk with various interesting people including a Welsh law professor who candidly said to me that he felt that the Union of the United Kingdom was well worth keeping for Wales solely because the Welsh needed English subsidies!
The learned professor also made clear that he felt that without English money the Welsh standard of living would be drastically reduced.
I agreed with him about the standard of living, but naturally politely avoided agreeing with him about the merits of the Union!
I wonder if, looked at the other way around, how many English people would say that paying subsidies to Wales is of benefit to us English?
Here is a detailed paper bythe Welsh Assemblyon this >>> http://www.assembly.wales/NAfW%20Documents/09-012.pdf%20-%2026032009/09-012-English.pdf